Saturday, August 13, 2011

Practical Tips on Harmonizing Work and Home Life

Thought control is key to keeping oneself sane. When your marbles are perfectly intact in your head, you are rest assured of staying in control of the ins and outs of your life. By this, it only follows that overall you are able to harmonize the two most important aspects making up your life: home and work.

Many years back, I never gave the slightest thought to the importance of balancing work and home. To me, they were one and the same. However, as the stress piled on with the passing of the years, I found myself struggling to keep myself together. Hardly able to cope with the demands of my career and responsibilities at home, I was on the verge of tearing my hair out LOL. Luckily for me, and just in time, I came to a point whereby it dawned to me that the only way to get a hold of myself and keep my life normal was to do something about my dilemma.

Something? Something as in definite measures to keep the control—and the best and only way to get started on the right foot is by reorganizing my messed up brain. How?

  • Work matters should never be discussed once you are outside the office threshold. Likewise, home issues should not be entertained once you get to work.

  • When troublesome thoughts cross your mind and it should not be there(You're doing calls when the image of your recent spat with your sister early this morning crosses your mind.), put the breaks on by taking a deep breath and diverting your mind.

  • Before you shift your focus(as you are on your way to work or home), program your mind early on.

  • Acquire de-stressing techniques that work for you and jive with your personal preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment