Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ode to the Weekend

It's the last day of the work week—and I could never be happier. Although the waiting has taken no longer than the usual five days, it feels as if I've been waiting for this day to come forever. I know I love my job; however, there are times when everything just becomes too much that I find myself trying my best not to puke at the thought of answering yet another phone call of the millions of calls, I am expected to take as a call center agent.

With the weekend here, the only thing I can think of is catching up on my lost hours of sleep. Maybe, after I have recharged my spirits and energy, I might ring my friends and arrange for a fun gimmick, either at the mall or any nearby province that offers splendid natural views and a wide open space ideal for a picnic. If we're up to it, we might try hiking or swimming at a nice, cozy resort somewhere. Anything that takes my mind off work, albeit just for a short while, would do perfectly. Two days of not having to see the three divisions of my work station and overhearing the transaction of the two colleagues flanking me, is a much looked-forward-to blessing. Really. Musing over this thought brings a smile to my face.

Two days. Two perfectly peaceful days. That is all the time needed to help me unwind and recharge for the coming work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment