Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stress-Busting 101 (More Tips)


As a follow-up to yesterday's blog post, here are more tips on how you can de-stress to keep your head above the water no matter how stressful things get at the workplace:
  • Pet your pet.

    Fond of pets? I am a sucker for dogs and kitties and most animals, especially furry ones. The only animal I loathe is crocodile. Given its vicious reputation and unsightly appearance, I don't think this advice could apply to it anyway LOL. Petting your pets has been known to release feel-good hormones such as serotonin, prolactin, and oxytocin. Notice how you calm down as you gently stroke your pet's cute little head upon coming home from a hard day's work? This may hold true if you have a pet doggie or kitty, but crocodiles? I bet instead of lowering stress, you would get stressed all the more after the crocodile makes a meal of your hand when you try to pet it tee-hee.

  • De-clutter!

    Constant exposure to a cluttered environment eventually translates to getting stressed out. How? If you always find yourself searching for needed things(cell phone, books, checkbook, etc.), you needlessly up your stress level. I, for one, have been planning to de-clutter and rearrange my tiny makeshift library at home for almost half a year now(That long would you believe!). The disorderliness of my surroundings is not only unpleasant to look at, but it also makes it hard for me to better manage my time since searching eats up time, hence I am deterred from doing what I ought to do right away.

  • Down a glass of fresh OJ.

    OJ, as in orange juice. The fresher, the better. You heard it right, but actually, other citrus fruit juices also work in the same healthy way. Why? Research says that these Vitamin-C rich beverages contain special nutrients that work to drag one's stress needle down. Specifically, it is said to decrease stress hormones like cortisol. Don't like orange juice much? Take your pick from strawberry, grapefruit, and even sweet pepper juices.

Want to know the latest in the call center industry? Stay updated by checking out the blogs at www.itiphilippines.com

2 comments:

  1. I loved your stress busting series.

    I had no idea orange juice was a stress reliever. I really should try that! More power to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea can you tell me more juice for a good health.
    I am waiting.
    Web design india

    ReplyDelete